“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.” Colossians 4:2-4

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Latest from Lary

The latest from Lary:
This morning went very well. Left shelter at 6:00 am rode the subway and then taxi the school. Arrived 30 minutes early. Saw more students go through the gate this morning than I had over my teaching career.. Waited on Jeri and Conner and Michelle and Naomi (the others on our team) to get there. We had to wait a little bit at the beginning because they were having a tornado drill to start with. Inside the gate in front of the school were several basketball courts in the space behind the gate to the front of the school. Instead of the 1000 7th graders meeting in an auditorium, they had them sit down ion the court in the area in front of the school. They were all dresses in Orange pants and jackets. The microphone was placed on the steps leading to the front of the school. Jeri spoke first, then Conner, then myself. God gave us each the words to speak. All of the words spoken by each one of us went together smoothly. I didn't know what Jeri and Conner were going to say but one of Conner's points fit perfectly with what God laid upon my heart to share. The students were well behaved, focused, and attentive. The 8th graders were identified with similar attire but the color was blue. The freshmen wore like pants and jackets which were a chartreuse color. After the students were dismissed they had to go past us in going to their classes. We had in hand sheets of paper that explained the process of what they needed to do in order to sign up for the drama club. All of us were empty handed when the students were all gone away. I know I had at least 20-25 sheets in my hand. I am not sure how many sheets were printed.
Tomorrow we will return to the same school ( same time) and meet with the 8th graders and do the same thing.  Tomorrow afternoon Jeri, Conner, and I will work on lesson plans for classes day1 and if we have time work on day 2.

Thank you for the prayers!  Keep praying please!

No comments:

Post a Comment